Advertising choices for non-California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights with respect to the sale of your personal information under CCPA. We do not detect that you are from California. If you believe this is an error, please Contact Us.
Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Opt-Out
The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) offers tools to provide consumers with choices as to whether participating third parties can use your information to provide targeted advertising. To opt out of sharing your information with such participating third parties for targeted advertising, please use the following tools:
For websites: the DAA WebChoices Tool, available at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN. For mobile applications: the DAA AppChoices Tool, available at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
If you are on the web, you can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings. Google may also participate in the DAA WebChoices Tool (above).
Mobile Ad Settings
If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings, which may include “Limit Ad-Tracking” on iOS devices and "opt-out of interest-based advertising" on Android devices.
Facebook Ad Preferences
Facebook offers settings that may control what information Facebook uses about you or your device activity for advertising purposes. Login to Facebook and go to Settings > Ads > Ad Settings (web) or Ad Preferences > Ad Settings (app) for more information.
- The opt-outs described above are device and browser based. Because the information being shared relates to your device ID and/or browser ID, you must opt out on each device and each browser where you want your choice to apply.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. If you clear cookies, your opt-out will no longer be valid and you must opt out again where you want your choices to apply.
- The Washington Post does not maintain or control the opt-out mechanisms and settings above and is not responsible for their operation.
- Exercising these choices does not prevent us from delivering contextual advertising, conducting cross-device tracking for us to serve you first-party ads directly, or using information for non-targeted advertising purposes, such as attribution and analytics.
- We may also still share some personal information with our partners (who will function as our service providers in such instances) to help us perform functions such as measuring ad effectiveness, controlling how many times you see an ad, determining ad performance, providing and securing ads, providing aggregate statistics and analytics, and/or reducing ad fraud.
- The above choices will not opt you out of the use of previously collected and shared information or all interest-based advertising (such as that conducted by entities that do not recognize the choices exercised through the tools above).
If you have any other questions or requests, please contact us.